Saturday

Cockapoo with a haircut

Today, I’ve had my haircut! It’s no bad thing I suppose because, according to Daddy, I was ‘sweating my bollocks off in this bleeding heat.’ I don’t really know what bollocks are but Mummy frowned at him like she does when he says something stupid (she frowns at him a lot) but whatever they are, I don’t want to sweat them off.

Mummy and Daddy took me to a place where they do ‘grooming’. The lady there was very nice and she asked Mummy and Daddy lots of questions about how they wanted me to look. They didn’t have a clue but Daddy said ‘Give ‘er a short back and sides but don’t scalp ‘er.’

The lady let me run around a bit so’s I could sniff everything, which was nice of her. As I was doing that Mummy and Daddy sneaked off and left me alone. I wasn’t too happy at this sneaky turn of events. I knew this could go either way.

As nice as this lady was I did panic a bit because I saw a big table and the lady picked me up and put me on it. I remember these sort of tables and I thought she was going to shove a thermometer up my arse too (I’ll be glad when I’m chipped). Luckily, she didn’t shove anything up my arse but she did wash me and cut off all my hair. She then put me in front of a big machine that blew lots of warm air out of it. Mummy has one she uses to dry me with but it’s a lot, lot smaller. I don’t like that and I didn’t like this either!

When Mummy and Daddy came back they were very pleased to see me and just loved the way I looked. Daddy wasn’t overly keen on the pink bandana the lady tied around my neck but, hey ho, I’m a girl. Get over it.


Luvvin' the Bandana....

It feels funny to have less hair but at least I won’t be sweating my bollocks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment