Wednesday

The Seaside!

Have you ever been to a place called the ‘seaside’? I have, and it was brilliant! Mummy and Daddy took me the other day and I loved it as least as much as the park. There was so much that was new to me. So much to explore.

At first, it felt a bit funny on my feet because there were something called ‘stones’ on the ground and these kept moving about a bit when I walked. Daddy said ‘Welcome to the great British beach Mills. Not a drop of sand for at least 200 miles Stones and glass everywhere. Lovely.’

Mummy had my big lead and she let me run off toward the water. I love water (unless it’s a bath. Not so keen then.) I saw a great big puddle and headed off to that. Before I got there though, the ground changed and my feet fell through the ground! I liked that feeling and just stood there. Daddy shouted at Mummy to ‘Get ‘er out of the bleedin’ mud! She’ll sod the car up when she gets back in’. Mummy was laughing at me (she thinks everything I do is cute – apart from biting and barking and pulling on the lead and going a poo on the grass and jumping up at people and tables and running off with the washing….come to think of it, maybe she doesn’t think I’m that cute) and calling me.




I wouldn’t come out until I saw Daddy coming toward me. He had that look on his face again… I knew what to do. I jumped out of the ‘mud’ as Daddy called it and ran toward him. I heard him say ‘oh soddit!’ and he turned and ran away. I didn’t think he’d like the mud too much.

I wasn’t too sure of the great big puddle so I ignored it for a while preferring to sniff around the beach. So many smells. Eventually, I jumped in the water. It was bloody freezing but, because we dogs don’t show facial expressions nobody knew. I paddled around for a while before getting out and heading for the mud. 

On the way back I couldn’t find it. It was gone! Where the f*#k? Suddenly a big lot of water came toward me. I ran away a bit sharpish. It stopped and went away. I chased after it and gave it a good shouting at. I must have annoyed it because it came back again! I legged it again. It went away, I told it off. It went away, I told it off. This went on for a while. 

Daddy said it was something called ‘The Tide’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment